Michael Eggerstedt, MD, is a board-certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon who has a unique personal connection to the field. He was drawn to the specialty after suffering multiple facial fractures at a young age — and receiving exceptional care from his facial plastic surgeons. This personal experience still motivates him today as he helps patients look and feel their best.
Dr. Eggerstedt takes a conversational approach to deliver patient-focused care in a relaxed environment. He first listens and learns — giving his patients space to share why they’re seeking treatment. He then takes what he learns about his patients’ cosmetic goals to build a fitting treatment plan.
Dr. Eggerstedt completed medical school at Loyola University. He completed his residency at RUSH University, where he was the only surgeon accepted into the head and neck surgery program. He then went on to the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), for a fellowship in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Now, Dr. Eggerstedt has come full circle back to Chicago — and back to RUSH. As an assistant professor, he sees patients and leads research as the director of research in facial plastic surgery.
His practice focuses on helping patients change their appearance to better reflect how they feel on the inside. Dr. Eggerstedt provides facial nerve reanimation for Bell’s palsy, serving as the co-director of the RUSH facial reanimation program. He is also an active member of the RUSH gender-affirmation surgery program . Additionally, he specializes in both cosmetic and reconstructive facial procedures, including rhinoplasty, eyelid surgery, facial rejuvenation and more.
When Dr. Eggerstedt isn’t helping patients, you can find him exploring his beloved hometown of Chicago. He is often outdoors, hiking or camping. And he enjoys taking food tours with his wife and family.
Areas of Focus
- Botox and Dysport
- Brow lift
- Buccal fat reduction
- Cheek augmentation and implants
- Chemical peel
- Cosmetic removal of benign skin lesions
- Ear reshaping (otoplasty)
- Endoscopic cheek (midface) lift
- Ethnic rhinoplasty
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty)
- Facelift (rhytidectomy)
- Facial fillers
- Facial reanimation
- Fat transfer
- Jaw reshaping/sculpting
- Lip lift
- Liposuction and liposculpture
- Neck lift
- Platelet-rich plasma
- Scar treatment
- Smile restoration
- Split earlobe reconstruction
- Surgery after major weight loss
Education & Experience
- Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
- UCLA Medical Center
- University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) - Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
- RUSH University Medical Center - Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine