What attracted Keith Hood, MD, the most to the field of plastic surgery were these two words: precision and perfectionism.
As a plastic surgeon, he never accepts anything less than his personal best. His goal is to offer treatments and procedures that help patients feel satisfied the rest of their lives.
Dr. Hood’s practice is focused on reconstructive surgery, body contouring and cosmetic procedures. He knows that plastic surgery (even just something minor) can positively transform a patient’s emotional and physical well-being. He’s proud to be part of the process.
As an assistant professor in the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Rush, he enjoys teaching and is a big believer in patient education. During an initial consultation, he sees himself as a guide to show the many options that plastic surgery can offer so patients can feel knowledgeable about the possibilities. By showing diagrams and pictures, he helps each patient confidently choose the option that works best for their body and lifestyle. And he is always happy to answer any follow-up questions after an initial visit by email or phone.
Learn More About Keith Hood, MD
What brings him the most joy are the numerous thank you cards and emails he receives from patients. Especially from breast cancer patients who have undergone an extensive reconstructive process, he and his staff feel happy that they were able to be the “light at the end of a tunnel” in the patient’s journey.
He enjoys hiking, biking, kayaking and rock climbing. Dr. Hood is a Bears and White Sox fan and loves being a dad to his two little girls.
Areas of Focus
- Arm lift (brachioplasty)
- Body lift
- Breast augmentation
- Breast implant exchange
- Breast lift (mastopexy)
- Breast reconstruction revision
- Breast reduction (including male breast reduction)
- Brow lift
- Buttock reshaping
- Cheek augmentation and implants
- Chemical peel
- Chin augmentation and implants
- Cosmetic removal of benign skin lesions
- Ear reshaping (otoplasty)
- Ethnic rhinoplasty
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty)
- Facelift (rhytidectomy)
- Facial fillers
- Fat transfer
- Jaw reshaping/contouring
- Liposuction and liposculpture
- Mommy makeover
- Neck lift
- Ruptured breast implant removal
- Scar treatment
- Split earlobe reconstruction
- Surgery after major weight loss
- Thigh lift
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
- Vaginal rejuvenation
Education & Experience
- Plastic Surgery
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Rush University Medical Center
- John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
- Creighton University School of Medicine
Schedule a consultation with this physician.
Rush Copley Medical Center
2040 Ogden Ave.
Aurora, IL 60504
Rush University Medical Center - Professional Building
1725 W. Harrison St.
Chicago, IL 60612