Deana Shenaq, MD, is dedicated to providing the highest level of care and support throughout a patient’s entire experience.
As an assistant professor in the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and associate program director of the Integrated Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency, Dr. Shenaq specializes in both implant-based and autologous reconstruction after breast cancer, and is skilled in complex revision breast surgery. She also performs aesthetic surgery of the face, breast and body.
Dr. Shenaq is known for her attention to detail, perfectionism and providing highly individualized treatment tailored to each patient in a supportive environment. Patients see her as friendly, approachable and sincere. Her goal is to present multiple treatment options to patients and work together to find the one that fits each patient best.
When a patient makes an appointment with her for the first time, she wants them to feel like they can discuss their concerns openly. Dr. Shenaq prides herself on her ability to listen to a patient’s concerns or questions throughout the entire surgical experience.
What she appreciates most about her specialty is the artistic and innovative nature of plastic surgery. She enjoys having the ability to operate on the entire body, from head to toe, while embracing cutting-edge techniques.
Although she is originally from Houston, Dr. Shenaq loves living in Chicago. She enjoys spin classes, running on the lakefront, exploring new restaurants and spending time with her family.
Areas of Focus
- Arm lift (brachioplasty)
- Body lift
- Breast augmentation
- Breast implant exchange
- Breast lift (mastopexy)
- Breast reconstruction revision
- Breast reduction (including male breast reduction)
- Brow lift
- Buttock reshaping
- Cheek augmentation and implants
- Chemical peel
- Chin augmentation and implants
- Cosmetic removal of benign skin lesions
- Ear reshaping (otoplasty)
- Ethnic rhinoplasty
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty)
- Facelift (rhytidectomy)
- Facial fillers
- Facial reanimation
- Fat transfer
- Jaw reshaping/contouring
- Liposuction and liposculpture
- Mommy makeover
- Neck lift
- Ruptured breast implant removal
- Scar treatment
- Smile restoration
- Split earlobe reconstruction
- Surgery after major weight loss
- Thigh lift
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
- Vaginal rejuvenation
Education & Experience
- Plastic Surgery
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- The University of Chicago Medical Center
- The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine