Before Anu Antony, MD, had an “MD” after her last name, she trained as an artist in Italy at the Lorenzo-Medici Institute of Art.
Now serving as the chief of Breast Reconstruction, she often draws inspiration for breast reconstruction from her time spent studying art, painting and sculpture in Italy.
When choosing a career, she wanted something that included her passion for both art and science. Plastic surgery gave her the ability to use both of her talents to help serve patients. Her goal is to help each patient feel and look like the best version of themselves.
Dr. Antony’s practice is focused on breast reconstructive surgery, general reconstruction and aesthetic surgery of the face and body. Often, patients make appointments with her when they are dealing with aging, pregnancy or weight concerns.
When she meets a breast cancer survivor, she knows the person sitting in front of her has dealt with a lot of physical and emotional pain. Dr. Antony’s goal is to provide survivors with the possibility of restoration and enhancement — a chance to start anew in the face of what cancer tried to take away. With this kind of approach, it’s not surprising that patients describe her as caring, understanding and compassionate.
Learn More About Anuja (Anu) K. Antony, MD, MPH
Dr. Antony is an accomplished writer, researcher and speaker who lectures nationally and internationally about plastic and reconstructive surgery. Her research focuses on direct to implant breast reconstruction, patient satisfaction, clinical outcomes and enhanced recovery protocols. In addition, she has served as president of the Illinois State Society of Plastic Surgeons and the Midwestern Association of Plastic Surgeons.
She enjoys spending time with her family, traveling and visiting art museums.
Areas of Focus
- Arm lift (brachioplasty)
- Body lift
- Breast augmentation
- Breast implant exchange
- Breast lift (mastopexy)
- Breast reconstruction revision
- Breast reduction (including male breast reduction)
- Brow lift
- Buttock reshaping
- Cheek augmentation and implants
- Chemical peel
- Chin augmentation and implants
- Cosmetic removal of benign skin lesions
- Ear reshaping (otoplasty)
- Ethnic rhinoplasty
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty)
- Facelift (rhytidectomy)
- Facial fillers
- Fat transfer
- Jaw reshaping/contouring
- Liposuction and liposculpture
- Mommy makeover
- Neck lift
- Platelet-rich plasma
- Ruptured breast implant removal
- Scar treatment
- Split earlobe reconstruction
- Surgery after major weight loss
- Thigh lift
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
- Vaginal rejuvenation
Education & Experience
- Plastic Surgery
- Reconstructive Microsurgery, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Clinical Outcomes, Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- General Surgery, Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- Plastic Surgery, Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine
- Harvard School of Public Health